Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Our Song, Our Story


Lets try to sing a song
An incomplete song
For now its presentable and manageable
Like a quick morning coffee before work
Like the lightning during the rain
So I’ll sing it like that
Well, its a song of it all
Of our love story


How it all started
When we were kinda innocent
May be it was just me
Well yea,
I was innocent
Didn’t know you too well
But you were always there
Watching, lingering, winking
When I couldn’t resist you any longer
I had to draw close
So you could be the effusive sun that shines at 3 o’clock
You whispered into my ear
I was blown away
And I’m not sure I finished listening
I told you I’m good to go
And the waltz began
Oh the journey!
How do I describe this?
Ohhhhhhh!
Words fail me
I’ll just talk about it like the palm branches speak of the wind
Just like almost all love stories
I was blind in love
Lost with you
Because it was so sweet
I soared on the edge
Sorry, scratch that
Higher than the tip of the titanic
Forget about Jack and Rose
They have no idea of what I’m emitting
Rubbed shoulders with the A-list officers on this our ship
I was the envy of all
And I didn’t care about others
Even though their green was sharper than my elephant grass
In the midst of all swords
Stood the arrows
Love melted in a throne
High and mighty
With the horns of a unicorn
I mean who wouldn’t enjoy it
Having the butterflies in your Iris
Not caring about tomorrow
But then
That was before the margarine sat as a queen in the hot pan
And I swam in my own tears
Oh it was terrible
Reality is harsh
It hit our ship
We went our separate ways
But then the love that held us still draws us
In the midst of our tears
We will make it work
...the story continues.



4 comments: