Tuesday, May 10, 2016

MY LOVE, MY MUM



To one so strong
Who fought so gallantly
Who served so sweetly
Whose life was an enigma
Whose face was a delight
Whose beauty wasn’t distorted by age
Who always thought about me
And would give up all
For my best
Even when it hurt you



It didn’t matter
What time of the day
Once I needed you
Once I needed to go
You were always there
Unwavering
Whether in pain or joy
I relied on you
Oh God!
What a relief it was

Life has to be life
Claiming territories
And encroaching into privacy
Sickness stretching
Into the veins
And getting a wash in the blood
And finally
The painful reality of death



I wish there was more
More time to experience you
More time to love you
And show the world
That my woman
Will forever be
My all
And my everything

I’ve learnt to take each day
With its own strides
I’m still battling
With love
Learning to love like you did
But I know I’ll get it
And I’m sure you’re always here
Smiling at me
And for you
I’ll move on and live life to the max.
Thanks mom
You’ll forever be
My knight in shinning armour.

Photo credit: pintrest.com








1 comment: