Friday, December 18, 2020

Lessons I learned in 2020: Family

Troublesome 2020 is what I call this year; to some it's a big bag of catastrophe or the beginning of a new world. 



The world we previously knew is gone and we all should expect something different... 


Travelling for business appointments would reduce...this isn't good news for those in travel business.


Some companies like Facebook, Twitter, Square, Shopify, Box and so many other companies have gone virtual too. Many people will lose their jobs too.


Some bad times are over but some bad times are coming. I'm not being a harbinger of bad news, its just the reality of the world we live in.

People have lost loved ones, property, memories and other important things. There's gloom and sadness everywhere. This is why it's such a bad time to be alone.


Now I know why the biblical Hannah says God sets the solitary in families. If you're alone, you're a prey. Like Game of Thrones says when the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives


My siblings came through for me this year. They've been on my side and God knows how much I love them and want the best for them.


You need family and I can't overemphasize this.


Someone was telling me she would rather not have a family than have the one she was born into. If you're thinking this way, you still need family. 



Think of family as people with the same purpose and vision as yourself. You all have a common goal and that's what makes you family. 


This is why bonds formed in workplaces, Churches, Mosques and even boarding house (if you suffered together) are difficult to break.


Some years ago, my mum was pretty ill and she was admitted in the hospital. My siblings were away and I just felt boxed in by depression because she was in so much pain. I received a call from these wonderful sisters of mine and the depression lifted.


You must have a family. You can't afford to be alone in the day of trouble because your family is your support system. They are your extra eyes, mind and help when you're in dire need. 


Your family says you never walk alone.


So, who's your family?


Photo credits

24naija.com

lovesome.com

goodhousekeeping.com

amazon.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment