Monday, December 7, 2020

Lessons I learned in 2020: Survival

2020 has been an awkward year. It feels like we've spent 24months already yet the year hasn't ended.

So many things happened this year and most remarkable of them all has been the coronavirus. It hit every industry and niche.

I'm not sure the world can ever recover from it.


In one week, two people that are close to me lost their loved ones. I felt their pain and it was heart wrenching.

Many people are still counting their losses 

Kobe Bryant and his daughter, our Wakanda king Chadwick Bozeman and Maradona died too. 

Where are the people who were talking about vision 2020?

Back to my post...

So I was scrolling through WhatsApp status this evening and I stumbled on a post. It's December (it's not detty as we say in Nigeria) and usually, many people ask what others have you achieved at this time.

I saw a lady's reply saying that she survived. 

That resounded in my mind. 

Think about this...

Its because you survived that you can count your losses

It's because you survived that you may feel sad when you reminisce 

It's because you survived that you can think of all that's wrong

I'm sure there are many things you may consider...but it's because you've survived thus far that you can muse over them all.

The key is to keep surviving. Keep moving forward irrespective of how you feel. 

Keep surviving and focus on this instead of focusing on problems... Problem no dey finish.

The keyword for 2020 is survive. Like my Ibo friends would say, o di kwa important. It's very important.


Photo credits

surviveamerica.com

ted.com







0 comments:

Post a Comment