Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Belladonna

How do I explain all of these things?
When I met you, you were kinda out of place
A misfit some called you,
A holier-than-thou Mother in the Lord,
A troublesome witch with prying eyes said another school of thought,
An unpredictable lady that acted twice her age,
A rude pretender,
A sweet charming and gentle princess,
A respectful girl who’s loved by all,
At first I acted like it wasn’t my business.
Then I met the witch with the prying eyes
And it was like looking into the eyes of the Mother Confessor
It was like a subtle sweet sounding scintillating vacuum cleaner
I was drawn into you
Gbam!!!
And that was it
I began to see you


And learn you
You were quite witty
And charming
You were also sweet as the sleeping sunflower
Or better still
The resting evening rose
I liked it
And hoped you’ll always smile at me
And not scowl or bite
Your smile was a beauty to behold because you frowned a lot
I also hoped you’ll stay with me
I love your look
Quite charming
As beautiful as the sunset in the Bahamas
You liked to cover up your face
Although you didn’t use too much make-up
You gave all a freezing look
You had nice lips
 Big bold and beautiful eyeballs, 
Nice, neat and sexy legs

Dark skin, 5ft3 and when you lost weight 5ft4
Medium weight, full boobs and hips
Oh Charlie!!!
This made a guy want to go bananas
And you didn’t use glasses
Which I hated because it showed the screen saver alone
Glasses has a way of making people look more serious than they really are
So I came into your world
Because you also accepted who I was
I wasn’t scared to be myself around you
You told me I was handsome
That I didn't need 6 packs to be handsome
And I could let my guard down around you
Which was something quite strange, awkward and awesome
I really loved that about you
We began to talk
And chat
And play
Going out on regular dates
With our popcorn and drink in our hands
And a movie before us
Or just watching the sea
While the air slapped us hard
You later began to see my design
And call out to me
This are problems not designs
Quite a number of pent-up issues 
“It’s not a design 
Its holes” 
Wow! 
I mean I was perplexed 
How did you know? 
You kept showing me 
All the things that I called my water-colour 
You poured it in my face 
Most times it hurt
Because you were dipping your hand deep down inside me
I took it in good strides 
And began to check them out
At least I tried at some
Because it was really hard
Trust me 
I really did 
Because later 
When I noticed we were related 
You also had fears
With tons of issues
That were more than mine
You just learnt to camouflage it
And most of what people called your beauty
Was just a weakness
You were quiet when they spoke to you 
But you were indeed angry
Yet you smiled
So sometimes your smile was a weakness
Your silence was a weakness
Your indifferent stare was a weakness
What amazed me was how you were able to mask all of it
If this was what I noticed
What about the things I didn't notice?
Things you tucked in safetly
And I'm sure there are somethings you also didn't know

In the midst of all your effusiveness
So many people didn't know that
You are a ticking time bomb

Waiting to blow away
Yet you kept me frolicking with you
IN a wonderful manner,
You also learnt to slip away from me and all around you
Ah-Ah!
Even while you were slipping away
You were stylishly feeding me with all I wanted to hear
The truth is
Like a normal Homo-Sapien,
We have so many things locked up in our hearts
The true person is totally hidden away from what the eye can see
The irony is that
As humans,
We try to know another human by what the eye can see
Forgetting that even the person you want to know
Doesn't totally get him or herself
I keep trying to figure you and people out
But then it’s the wrong way
I'm totally blind to the truth
The true way of knowing you
And  so we all continue to struggle
 To get into the lives of those we love
 Forgetting that
It’s the wrong way
But that’s what we know
So instead of looking for what works,
We stick with what we know and can see
Then meet disappointment
And we become Super Mario
In a bid to find out
Who could know what’s in anyone’s heart
And see what’s hidden
Without the key?
What exactly is the key?

3 comments: