Monday, August 17, 2015

BIRTHDAY SOMETHING FOR AUGUST.




Do you know the month of August has the highest number of births? I used to believe it was April because I just can’t stop saying happy birthday. 

But I saw it online that August has the highest number of births.

Its indeed a month of celebration and I
decided to write this for all my August paddies; Dami‘lonimi, Adewunmi my sweet cousin, Aderonke Ajayi, Tunji Adelekan, Funmi Ogbetah my sweet mama, Nkechi Macaulay, Yetunde Fagbohunka and Ifunnaya.

Ify actually inspired me to write this piece. 

Its not easy to be resilient even when you want to give up. That’s one thing I’ve found out about August people – they are resilient.

So to all August born especially Ifunnaya you are so loved more than you can imagine. Here’s my birthday gift to you.

BIRTHDAY SOMETHING.
It’s a beautiful day
To be alive
To be happy
To feel loved
Awed and overjoyed
Coz it’s your birthday


Begin your day with praises
It’s been a long hard year just ended
Yet you’re alive
Keeping it real
Keeping it strong

I look at you
And remember those good-old-days
When we met
And bonded
And you became a star
A very sweet one

Fast forward many years after
Fast forward to today
I look at you
How much you’ve grown
How strong you’ve become
How wise you are
And i thank God for you

Oh yes
There are dark patches
There are uneven clouds
The rainbow seems far away
But then
Look up
Look down
And sideways
Can’t you see you’re still here?

Today isn’t for the gray clouds
It isn’t a day to be sad
It’s a day for another wish
And another time to set a foot in front of another courageously


I celebrate you today
And always
But specially today
Since there’s no time to be with you today
There’s no Suya to munch with champagne
What else but my fingers on my keyboard
To wish you well!

So dear
You gats to enjoy yourself
You gats to feel loved
You gats to jubilate
Don’t be scared to smile with all your senses
And give out that throaty laugh
Like you always do

Happy birthday dear
You know all you need is in the people around you
Be glad
Rejoice
And be blessed
The lord bless you from on high.




6 comments: