Sunday, February 14, 2016

LILIES OR THORNS 2.

CHAPTER 2-Ene's Cross.



Ene stormed out of Zeph’s place angrily. She knew she shouldn’t have reacted that way but she was too angry to reason. Easy was the reason; she loved him silly but silly he was. 

Easy was her love, her sparkles and glitters in a dark room, the one who made common sense seem uncommon and she loved it. That feeling of flying without wings, of plunging into the deep blue sea from Mountain Kilimanjaro was what she always welcomed.

Ever since she saw Easy in class, she set her eyes on him and made sure she got him even against the advice of Fatimah who always acted as Miss Right and Righteous. 

He couldn’t get a job right after school so she decided to borrow five hundred thousand Naira from work to set him up. He wanted to have a clothing line and with the money she gave to him, she helped him actualize the business. He went into the making of women’s clothes which made her uncomfortable because she didn’t want them stealing her Easy but it attracted many customers since it was a profitable business. She and Fatimah went there to shop a couple of times and they always met many ladies there. She knew some would be winking at her man but she always prayed he would remain level-headed. 

The last time she went to see him, his dress maker was delivering some clothes but she noticed a fair-skinned lady who was scantily dressed stirring up trouble. 

“I am ready to bring this place down” she said “you better call your boss, let him bring my money”.

“Madam calm down, Easy went to the Market to get some materials, be patient, he’ll be back soon” the dress maker pleaded.

“Oga please if you don’t have anything good, useful and profitable to say with that useless mouth of yours just shut up. I don’t blame you, nonsense” she hissed.
“Ah ah madam” said Ene “please calm down o, it’s not that...”

“Shut up, useless girl, you riff-raffs that run after men with money. Let the Mungo-Park come and give me my money or else you will all dance to my tune today” said the lady.

Ene’s temperature could have blown a thermometer at that point. She was about to pour out fire and brimstone when Akin the dresser maker pleaded with her and told her to go home because she couldn’t react to a customer. She was in a good mood so she listened to him. 

At about midnight, Easy called her.

“Hello Babe, how are you” he asked.

“Easy, ah ah why are you calling me at this time, its late, what happened to your phone, I tried to reach you all day, where did you go, do you know...”

“Pipe down love, I don’t even know which question to answer” he laughed

“It’s not funny, maybe you should start by telling me who that mad woman was”


He took a deep breath and said “That was Maria, a client. She paid for some clothes and mistakenly, I drew the wrong designs for the clothes and she rejected them. The problem still exists because those importing the fabric aren’t importing yet; they are complaining about the exchange rates and I don’t have the cash to give her because I have to pay for other things as well but when the Lashore client pays me in 3 weeks, I’ll send her money to her. Let’s forget about that okay baby, I’m sorry. You should let me know the next time you’ll be coming to my place so I’ll be waiting to cover you with kisses and protect your sweet heart. So am I forgiven?”

“Forgiven ke? E dey fly on top person like that (is it so easy) just how much are we talking about...”

“For the sake of our love, I want you to drop this issue immediately Babe, you know I don’t like it when work comes between us. I will handle it so I want you to take a chill pill ok? I really wish I was there by your side kissing that flaming nose, lovable lips and the royalty of your neck.” Easy teased.

“All these your sweet words don’t work o, just make sure I hear nothing of such again” said a pacified Ene.

And that was months ago. Towards the end of the year, some of her friends at work told her they went to his showroom and they met another lady asking him for money to go for Xmas shopping and he gave her; meanwhile, she had to borrow him money that same week. 

Just as they were about to arrive at Easy’s place, he called her to tell her to borrow him money. Again!

She had been paying for the loan and with the money he kept borrowing, it didn’t seem like this was going to end anytime soon.

She loved this guy and didn’t want to lose him but she couldn’t go bankrupt as well. She had to think of a way to handle the issue.

Watch out for the next part on Wednesday.

Photo credit: realmsofimagination.net

Please share by clicking on Facebook, Twitter and Google+ in blue font below.

1 comment:

  1. Ole, so he's giving the money to girls, Na wa for men sha

    ReplyDelete