Sunday, February 28, 2016

LILIES OR THORNS 6

CHAPTER 6 - EASY BREAKS DOWN.

Easy was still confused and worried. He didn’t know where the balance would appear from. He was wondering where to get the 295,000 Naira balance from as he had run out of options. He didn’t want anything to happen to Ene. He really liked her and their wedding was in a few months. He hoped she recovered very quickly without any problems.

A phone call brought his racing mind back to the earth. He saw it was a phone call from Uju.

“Hello Uju” he said dryly.

“What an exciting way to answer Easy. Na wa o” said a jealous Uju.

“It’s not like that. I got a distress call this morning. I’m presently at the hospital”

“What happened?” she asked.

“Its my cousin Uju, she had an accident this morning and we need to treat her.”

“Oh! I’m really sorry about that. So when do we see again? I was hoping you could come around tonight so that we...”

“Uju, I need 295,000 for treatment. Please can you borrow me?” he asked.

“Chineke mei! Where am I supposed to get such money from? I don’t have but I believe you will get, just pray. When you get it just let me know so we can hook up. For now I need to prepare for Church, it’s a Sunday morning. Bye”

Easy stared at his phone in disbelief! Simply put, Uju was selfish! How could she even think of hooking up after all he explained? He shook his head. Humans will always be humans.

He saw a black Innoson jeep drive into the hospital premises and he knew the car. Fatimah was here!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fatimah knew she had to be calm and collected. Auntie’s plan was for her to push Easy to pay the 500,000 and make him talk if he was into anyone else so that she could decide if he was good enough for Ene. 


Fatimah knew that both Aunt and niece were crazy. What did they take her for? An idiot who didn’t have a life or someone who couldn’t live on her own? First she had to deal with betrayal from her so-called friend and then she had to act puppet for Auntie. Well, she would give them something to munch on.

Now to Easy: that one was just a nut case who thought he could do what he wanted, when he wanted it and to whom he wanted. She planned to give him a show as well. First she had to locate him but then she heard her name behind her.
“Fatimah, welcome I’ve been waiting for you since...”

“For what, I thought you’re a man. You’re supposed to have both brains and” she replied angrily.

“Look, I don’t know what your problem is but it’s not the...” 

“Since you are a doctor or a lab technician you can fill me in on what my problem is” said a boiling Fatimah.

“I didn’t plan for this to go this way. You know what, let’s just start afresh and face Ene.” Replied Easy.

“Na, na, na that’s two things you just said. Let’s begin with starting afresh and by that I mean going back to where we stopped 5 years ago because I don’t see us getting past it.”

“Ok, you know what I thought we could be together. I guess ladies have always been my weakness and...”

“And money, Easy you like money and fame” she said.

“I don’t like it but” he disagreed.

“What am I waiting for” said Fatimah as she stood up “I have things to do”

“Wait, wait. I guess I am addicted to things that bring in money and a bit of fame and pleasure. It’s all my weakness.” He admitted.

“Will you get help for it? she asked.

“May be. May be if I know someone who can help me. Ene said you’re good at counselling, can you help me?” pleaded Easy.

“First of all, I still feel like throwing a dart at you but then it won’t do anyone any good. But erm...” she paused for 2 minutes to think.
She could turn everything around. Make a good out of a totally bad situation.

“You know what” she said “I know a consultant psychiatrist and a few rehab classes that can help you if you will go and meet them. You need to rearrange your life. If you continue this way I can bet you that your life will be over in a little over 5 years.”

“Honestly, it’s not as if I’m enjoying it. I know I need help but it’s not as if I know where to get it or who to go to. So I’m thankful but I need to help Ene right now. She isn’t perfect but she’s got a good heart. Let’s focus on this for now. I’ve paid all I have Fatimah, but please...”

Fatimah was laughing very hard. “OMG Easy. You’re such a stooge. There’s nothing wrong with Ene.” 

Photo credit: africapresse.com

Watch out for the next part on Wednesday.      
Please share by clicking on Facebook, Twitter and Google+ in blue font below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment