Monday, December 28, 2015

... MY 2015...



How do you grow in life? By going through your experiences to see what you did well and what you could have done better. 
 
Today, my “personal person” Damilola Oluwalonimi will be taking us through her year.

Enjoy it and learn!


In some few days, another calendar year (2015) will come to an end, I just thought it would be worthwhile to reflect on and share what I have learnt in the past 300+ days.

Life they say and I quite agree is a teacher, we can choose to learn even as we live. If there is anything I learnt this year, it is to embrace all that life has got to offer and make the best of it.

This year I had experiences, some bad and others good, all of which has made me a better person than I used to be. I learnt something different about love, contrary to the conventional believe that love is emotional, love is rational; a calculated and conscious act! 

My previous understanding of love was debunked and I realised that the closer we get to a person, the more we see their flaws, and we speak of love if we can walk through regaining peace. Love is deliberate!

I also learnt that he who the father loves he chastises...let me quickly tell you a story...I got into trouble around February this year, my dad had told me to cut my relationship with someone, but I just couldn’t help it even though I mentally heeded the instruction. 

Hmm...he got to know...I was still relating with this fella...he became angry and refused to talk to me, I realised my mistake and I also realised something...he was angry out of the love he has for me, I saw that it wasn’t about him but he had my interest at heart.

Lest I forget, and I cannot forget, I learnt that in life, we can choose to trust even when you are uncertain about the outcome of a situation or circumstance. This is the way I put it, we just have to choose one thing/ system/ person/ religion/ way of life/ and trust it to bring us to a safe landing. 

This is not to say that whatever we choose will not face its own tide, but as we choose, we ask questions and with every step further, we will get there! Comprehension cannot always be a requisite for cooperation.

Through all these, in the year 2015, I learnt to close my eyes, enjoy the ride, embrace my mistakes, rebound from them, love when I have to, embrace who I am and whatever journey I took to  be where I am presently, because in it lies my uniqueness!

I wish y’all a consolidating new year in advance!!!

4 comments:

  1. "we speak of love if we can walk through regaining peace" What does that mean

    ReplyDelete
  2. comprehension may not but it doesn't mean the leader should hide things as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. It means that people can't be a perfect fit. There will always be differences due to backgrounds, upbringing, experiences and more... so we walk the journey-love, acknowledging and embracing the 'vilest' state of the other while being able to regain peace...

    ReplyDelete