Tuesday, December 29, 2015

...2015... BE BETTER.



I’m still focusing on what we learnt in 2015. This time, my brother is doing the talking. Someone said this year was a sad year and I think this write up properly conveys that thought. The good thing is that there will always be silver lining in the cloud. 

Hope you enjoy it.


It’s that time of the year for me to go through and go over the journey of 365 days as it gracefully draws its curtains.

First step into the stairs of 2015 brings different images, some ups and downs, mis-takes, high risk yielding hypertension, failures, unrealized expectations…
But they say no pain no gain. So the pain came with some good, some gain.

With their slogan, MTN taught me to ‘be better’ so I changed gear from being good to be better in whatever I do and I tried, especially at work. But how do you get better without better compensation/reward and to add pepper to open wound the ‘good ones’ get the goodies while the ‘better ones’ get only bread and butter.

 It seemed like almost everyone around was having some form of progress but for me, ‘Better’ seemed to keep me stuck on a spot even though I was eager to move forward with life, take new roles, better packages, and new challenges. 

I put in my best and it was seen and appreciated by everyone around but only in words. The hardest part is not the package but finding motivation to continue the ‘be better journey’ because best is still ahead. But I had to move forward.

Lack of progress at work and the idea of having another source of income led me into betting. This caused more grief and pain but it showed that I can take great risk. But believe me; It’s been adventurous, filled with ups and downs causing more pain than comfort. It is in this that I actually realised the best learnings.

 It showed:

  •     instability in my emotions
  •   the disagreement between my mind, will and feelings
  •   the greatness of my ‘greed and make it quick’ schemes.  

This year I experienced darkness in my soul; by this I mean I learnt what it is to be bitter. Some nights I cried without sleep, some days the toilet was my company for deep breaths and my comfort zone for stories that tickles the heart. 

Through it all, I learnt to smile when it hurts. 

And the best lesson for 2015 was seen in this ‘by strength shall no man prevail’. How could I have known that I will be traveling to the UK and all my expenses paid for by my employer? Even the attempt I made never came near fulfillment although the intention was fun at the start. 

Now the interesting part was that I never knew that a surprise was just at the end of my helplessness waiting for me. 

It’s so wonderful that I’m ending 2015 in this grand style because it is going to be the beginning of open doors and breakthrough. The ceilings will break but it won’t be by banging my head on it or human hands.

That is the lesson for 2015 and the lesson I always have to learn.
  
2015 may have been hard, yes hard! But this wreck will give way for the beauty yet to be seen. I choose to trust!     

0 comments:

Post a Comment