Tuesday, November 24, 2015

I DO = ONE CHANCE.



Before I started blogging, I met this lady who told me her inspiring story.

I’m Uche a young lady serving my father land.

Yemi my friend who just passed out told me of this guy who was interested in me. I told her my heart was still healing as I was just recovering from a broken relationship. She kept pestering me and when she knew I wasn’t going to bend, she brought the guy to my school.


I was furious but she pleaded.  I met the guy who introduced himself as Timi. I found out he was a nice, intelligent and shy fellow who worked as an engineer; but there was something off about him that I couldn’t place. 

Service could be very boring since you’re in an unknown place:  sometimes we go out to eateries or we just talked. He’s not very expressive but you can tell he has a lot to going on in his mind. This made me wonder why something in me didn’t accept him.

On this day, Timi said he was coming to see me and he sounded nervous. I was wondering what was going on; he arrived as I was about to leave school. He said he had a surprise for me.

He took me to a rock close to his house and asked me if I loved the view. I’m like “WTF! Who cares” but I simply asked him why he took me there.

He started telling me stories of how he wanted a woman by his side always come what may and how he dreamt of me as his suitable helper and he loved me. I laughed and told him to be serious. 

His countenance changed and he was angry. He was practically hyperventilating. I apologised and told him to go on. 

The next thing he did was shocking. Timi went down on one knee and brought a small box out of his pocket. He proposed!

I was shocked and speechless at first and after about two minutes, I told him I didn’t expect it and I was in no shape for a relationship. The next thing I knew was that I was on the floor. Timi slapped me! It was like thunderbolt.

He said I was childlike and toying with his feelings and it was unfair. He knelt down beside me, rested his head on my lap and started sobbing. In my heart of hearts I was shaking and I told myself I don enter one chance I had to pet him before he tried something extra funny. I told him to give me the ring while I thought about it. I valued my life.

As we left, fear enveloped me to the torrent of my soul. This was that thing I couldn’t place about him; this guy was a psycho-path. Since that day, he would come to my school and house unannounced and I started avoiding him and giving unnecessary excuses; of course I no longer stayed at home.

On this particular day he came to my school and waited till I was the only one in the staff room. He said he took his leave after the proposal and he has been watching me since then. (Imagine)  He was angry I hadn’t responded to his proposal and I told him I hadn’t finished thinking about it. 

I had a feeling he wanted to lift his hand but luckily for me, two male staff came in and I used the opportunity to escape. On the way home I explained the situation to them. They told me to inform the proprietress.

 She was the one who bailed me out. She told me to invite him over and when he came, she had two policemen waiting to carry him to his glorious destination-cell!

Ladies, please follow your intuition. It can be a life saver. Many do not live to tell the tale.

Photo credit: coachexplorer.com

6 comments:

  1. Na wa o, imagine if he killed her. The perv will just be crying. #oloriburkusomebodi

    ReplyDelete
  2. The guy is a psychopath.he must have been stalking her ever since the proposal. I just hope he doesn't do something terrible to the lady once he comes out of jail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please its not all guys that do this o, before you ask someone out and they turn you to Oscar Pictorious

    ReplyDelete