Thursday, December 17, 2015

HANDLING CHANGE IN MARRIAGE 2.



If you missed the earlier part click HERE.

The man said

“I went for a party and I saw this beautiful lady sitting aloof at the party. We shared a dance and we connected. 

Mope was the most beautiful, shy and classy woman I ever met. One of the things I loved about her was that she was as sweet as a bird and I loved her dress sense.

  
After we had good jobs, we got married and had 3 children. After a while they got terribly sick and she had to leave her job to take care of them while I was transferred to Abuja.  I spoke with an Indian doctor who told me to do a number of things including a change of environment. I gave her a number of instructions including changing our house and school. 

She told me she obeyed and when I got home, they improved but to my surprise my wife was no more. I met an old looking woman whose clothes could clean up the whole world. She no longer wore her fancy clothes, make-up and hair that was appealing to me.

She told me she went to a Church where a Pastor prayed for her and the children and that’s why they were well. She also said she was a member of the Church and she was following their principle that’s why she changed.

It was terrible, she was no longer appealing to me and at every given chance she was trying to force the Church down my throat. I decided to move out of Lagos but I came in once in a month to see my family. Sadly, my wife was bringing her Church members home to pray and do vigils. 

After a while, it became unbearable. They kept calling me on phone to tell me I needed prayers. I was fed up and I told my wife about it. She said I shouldn’t let the enemy come between us. I told her it was her choice to make and she decided to go with her Church and children. 

It hurt but I had to move on with my life. I met this other woman who was appealing to me and we had a relationship going.  She got pregnant and I moved her into my house. 

It was her choice so I didn’t do anything wrong.

If you were Benita what would your counsel be?

Photo credit: northampton.ac.uk

2 comments: