Thursday, January 7, 2016

22 OR COMPATIBILITY

Growing up with a sister and later many sisters, I had to learn a lot. Most times I had to learn what others wanted and go their way. Sometimes, everyone decided but when some things are 22 (2 good 2 be true) you just take over (have your own way).


Some of my sisters had an argument over a particular person’s attitude, language (both in speech and body) as well as her choice of words.

Over the years, I noticed people who are born in the same family usually have this problem.

I know some extended family members who haven’t been able to reconcile this difference and it’s over 20 years now.

Can we say they are not compatible as a family?

So let’s move into marriage.

Some time ago, I went to visit a friend and she was telling me of a couple that just stepped out of her parent’s house. The couple, Mr & Mrs Lawson always argued in their house and they both couldn’t find themselves on the same side of the fence in every argument.

On this particular day, they saw a movie about a particular couple.  In it, the husband loved eating home-made-food while the wife hated cooking. This was an issue not only in the movie but also to Mr & Mrs Lawson.

For almost three hours, the couple kept arguing. My friends’ parents didn’t even get involved in the argument. They knew it was going to be heated so they stepped back and later sneaked out of the living room. Sometimes the couple even backdated the argument referring to a previous one they had at home.

Sometimes they could even refer to many other arguments.

My friend said she doesn’t think they are compatible but I decided to take the question a little further by asking what is compatibility?

1 comment:

  1. Compatibility comes as a result of learning and understanding the other party. What the couple lack is how listen and learn and love each other

    ReplyDelete