Sunday, January 24, 2016

200% SALUTE.



I raise my cap
I remove head dressing
All for you
And who you are
What you’ve gained
As a source
As a pillar
As we sing
Go girl
It’s your birthday


For every fall
For every rise after a fall
For every form of despise
For every time your cheek was scarred
Every time your tongue was burnt
Every time the whip came down
I mean every time
Every single moment
Every single hour
Every single day
Every single season

For every word you held on to
That has turned into lilies
For every time the north wind came
Yet you stood still
For every raised eyebrow
That made you wince yet stand unmoved
For every scourging you withstood
And yet you didn’t turn away
Even when the hammer head came
And fingers as well
You told them
Koleyewon
You simply looked up
Knowing you couldn’t be forgotten
Or worse still
Be a cheergirl

Now you lead the army
Sceptre standing
Seal engraved
With the muscles
And the 6 packs
Ready to roll
Ready to rumble

Every fall and rise has been a hit
Back to back
If they no gree
Tell them to leave trash for lawma
Let them ask their dad.

5 comments:

  1. Honoured.
    Simply honoured as I read these words.
    In myself,no strength....
    Words fail me as I try to hold my tears at bay
    Thank you for these beautiful words.
    My heart sings.
    New songs burst forth from my core...

    I look back
    And my heart blesses the entire journey...
    And I see the beauty of my marks.
    Now I can give back.

    Thanks for the honour sis.
    God bless u.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hbd to her. She's quite pretty, is she single and ready to mingle?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feyi love, you deserve this and much more.

    ReplyDelete