Monday, January 25, 2016

READY OR NOT


My cousins came to spend the Christmas and New Year with us and the night before they left, one of them told me that Xmas and New Year for the year 2016 was on Sunday. 

She asked if we would go to Church for the cross-over service and Sunday service twice. (That’s what happens here in Nigeria)

I was so surprised that she was asking such a question. I told her to calm down, biko! That day was just the fourth of January. 

Fast-forward to this day the 25th of January and I’m seeing the validity of the question. It actually makes sense. I remember the fuss, noise and paparazzi that was made on the 3rd of this month as the first Sunday of the year. 

I read the story of a widower. His wife had everything planned for a special trip: she had plates, shoes, clothes and all planned. She even had some clothes she had never worn because she was prepared for some special day and event.

Sometimes we view life in this manner. We tell people see you tomorrow and forget that the next minute is out of our hands. What if you don’t see the next minute?
If you care about people, show them and don’t procrastinate. 

Tomorrow is not yours neither do you have the right to the next minute. An accident, a wreck, an economic or health situation can change everything.

I’m not asking you to live for today, I’m simply saying you should live intentionally.
Time is a smoke, a shadow and a wind. It flies away before you know it.

Photo Credit:atthecrackofdawn.weebly.com

5 comments:

  1. Very true words. I can't agree more than this. May our lives be meaningful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its the guilt that kills. The things you could have done better and what you could have said. I remember when my friend died, I felt so sad and terrible coz of all the things we could have done. She was ds and till today the tears still roll down

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry about your friend. may the lord comfort you.

      Delete
  3. Humans are naturally selfish so we focus n what can come later and leave what's most important. sometimes I know this but i feel there's still time which is just imagined but then there's no strength to do what you want because the spirit is willing and the body is weak

    ReplyDelete