Friday, January 8, 2016

FUNFILLED OR FULFILLED.



Someone asked me the normal question “How are you? How did your day go?”

 Like so many other people, I answered fine. 

This brought another question to me: “What makes your day fine?”

Everyday we find out we are still on this present planet called earth, we rush through each day trying to settle ourselves in different aspects: family, work, education etc. 

The question is does it give you peace or does it only put food on your table or are you doing it to please those around you?

In every human being, there’s something deep within that’s always unsatisfied and man being human will try to silence that by doing something or pouring everything into something. 

It could be creating something new like an invention, getting married, changing your spouse or boyfriend to someone ‘hotter’, getting a job, building a career or fame, doing all to stay financially stable, satisfying your spouse, protecting your kids in any possible way, getting more degrees, blah, blah, blah.

The list goes on.

I’ve come to realise that this particular thing that makes you unsatisfied would continue to drive you to do so many things until you find what it is that’s making you unsatisfied.

If you think I’m lying, just picture yourself on your death bed now (I’m not saying you are dying now because in Nigeria, some people may think I’m wishing them death). Ask yourself this question: "If I’m about to die, do I feel excited because there’s nothing more or I’m still wishing for other things I want?"

At the end it boils down to this: am I funfilled or I’m fulfilled?

Photo Credit: butterfly88.blog.com

4 comments:

  1. Doesn't funfilled and fulfilled work hand in hand? i mean if i do something that gives me pleasure and is fun it should lead to your fulfilment. if i love my work as an IT person, i'll do the work in such a way that I'm happy at the end of the day and not the death bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not all fun filled leads to fulfilled. There was this movie I saw last year. Kill the messenger, a man asked Renner if he would choose his work over his family by publishing a story. He did but his life and family never remained the same and I think this happens in the life of every human. We decide what we want, we shape our destiny and then accept the consequence that comes with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You didn't get what she was saying @Phillip, l think what she was trying to say was that at the end of it all did the work of your hands makes you funfilled or fulfilled?

    ReplyDelete