Tuesday, January 12, 2016

BALLON D’OR: FOR THE LOVE OF THE TEAM.



Last night, I was making dinner when someone opened the door leading to the living room. I saw Pogba’s hair and I shouted Balo! Someone chocked and others were laughing plus you should have seen the look I fetched myself. I simply continued with the food.
When I returned, it was the high point of the show. Someone said thank God Ronaldo didn’t turn into Olamide because of all his ‘hit back to back goals’. Lol. May be that’s why he didn’t bring his family sef.

There were giving out other awards but what got to me was the first two female football nominees: Carli Lloyd and Aya Miyama. 

They said something interesting: they represented and played for the love of the team. I heard that’s why Enrique doesn’t attend awards, he doesn’t believe in personal awards.

I think this is what makes football interesting. If Messi scores, it’s a goal reckoned for Argentina, Ronaldo scores and Portugal is happy.

Can you imagine Messi is the only player on the pitch with a complete Brazilian team? I mean Messi is playing as a defender, striker and goalkeeper all at once. How do you think he’ll cope?

My point is I hope you know the people around you are there for a reason. Don’t use them, rather understand and help them as they will also be useful to you.

Ever heard of the word Ubuntu? Simply put it means I am because we are that means no we, no I.

Sometimes the answer to your question may be with your security man, gateman or a 5 year old but imagine if you had snubbed or shunned the person or the child. I know a woman who needed a surety in order to secure a job for her son. She couldn’t get one and she was downcast till her cleaner came and told her she also had a boss she could talk to and that was how it was resolved. 

We also need to consider the fact that its also impossible not to hurt or offend each other but it's the ability to adjust, correct one another and move on that matters. 

That was how the issue was resolved.

This is the first lesson I learnt this year. I hope you find it useful.

Photo Credit: 101greatgoals.com

2 comments:

  1. The puskas belongs to Messi na, iyala iya anybody. Nice one, didn't know you watch ball doh you fall my hand for the Balo own sha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me no sabi ball at all o, #sittinginfrontoftheteeveetowatchsomethingelse

    ReplyDelete