Monday, March 14, 2016

IS THIS LOVE 2.



Here's the continuation of Is This Love. If you missed it read it IS THIS LOVE.




Tomi knew that George always wanted to date her but she never really liked him in that manner. Moreover, she wasn’t sure about his friends. It was often said that “show me your friends and I will tell you who you are”. She didn’t trust them and she didn’t know what they would have been telling him.

This was why as her friends would put it, she no give him face. And he taught she was wicked but she wasn’t; he just couldn’t see what she was saying. Rather, she knew he felt she was snobbish.

There was this day she was having cramps and he decided to talk to her about it.

“Hi Tomi,”

“George hi” she replied dryly.

“Everywhere is dry so I was thinking we should just hang out somewhere.”

“No, not today. I’m not up to it.” 

“But when will you ever be free with me and do stuffs with me. I like you and I’ll do anything for you but I don’t know why you won’t give me a chance. I just...”

“George please can we talk about it some other time” she cut in. The pain was becoming unbearable and she wasn’t in the mood to talk. From that day she perceived he was offended as much as he loved her.

This meant she had to look for another way to drive home her point. 

She knew she needed to see him. If only she remembered to tell him she wanted to see him when they were about to start the test but she always knew she would see him later.

While on her way to the park, she spotted a red BMW. It was George’s car and this was why many ladies flocked around him. She knew he saw her because he parked beside her. He seemed pleased like the test went well and he offered to drop her off.
“How was the test” he asked

“Went well, it was ok. How was yours too? She asked.

“Very fine. I know I’ll have at least 75 in this course.” He said excitedly.

“That’s great.” She replied

The car ate up the distance between the school and her hostel in no time. She thanked him as he dropped her off. She invited him to sit under the shade with her while she went to get some snacks.

She noticed he couldn’t believe his luck as he left his mouth open in disbelief when she told him to sit with her. She smiled as she hurried up the stairs to get biscuits after which she joined him.

“So I know you’re surprised” she said “but I just want to understand what you’re saying. You say you love me right?

“Of course I do, more than anything and more than you know it. Tomi”

“Explain what you mean.”

He didn’t see that coming. It took a few seconds for it to sink in. “You’re beautiful and you have a good attitude most of all. Since the first day I set my eyes on you, I’ve been smitten by a cupid, it’s the entire you I’m in love with.”

“What do you know about me” she asked

“You’re beautiful, attractive, with a nice shape and body and positive outlook. You’re a wife material” he said

Tomi burst into laughter. “You don’t know jack about me. What you see in class is very different from who I am. You don’t have the faintest idea about me but don’t worry continue.”

“Ok,” he said as his Adam’s apple moved in his throat “I love you more than I can express it. I will take care of you and make sure you don’t suffer.” He replied.

“Taking care of me is not your job, it’s for my parents. And I have older siblings that are working. If I want to buy a dictionary, I’ll split it into four parts. I’ll ask the first for money for Dic, the second for money for tio, the third for money for na and the last for money of ry and the money for the dictionary is complete. Money is not my problem so you can’t help me in this aspect.” She said.

“Ok. But that’s just a part of what I mean. I want to be with you forever. I want to live with you and grow old with you.”

“Do you know the number of people that have said that and have done that on this campus but afterwards it went into the thin air? You told me about your friend Ebube who died last year. Sorry to go back to this but didn’t you say that you guys made a vow to grow up together and be brothers for life? Can’t you see you don’t own the second minute? If death comes knocking, there is nothing you can do.”

“But that doesn’t mean that we can’t have ourselves and enjoy now?

“What do you mean by enjoy now?”

“I mean, I mean like” he stammered “like go to clubs or picnics or hang out or have fun”

“I’m an indoor person George. Going out doesn’t freak me. I can stay in my room all day long and we both know you can’t. So what else do you mean?” she asked

He was already sweating. He wasn’t expecting these questions at all. “We can read together and walk together and you know things like that.”

“You once said you don’t like quietness. You read with music and as I can see, your phone is still playing music. I can’t live with that. Moreover, I like very soft music and new age music as well as classic music while you like hip-hop and I can’t stand hip-hop or rap or rock. We would be confused together.” She paused

“I’m only asking you to define love George. Should I give you time to think about it and when you can, then we continue?” she asked.

He took a deep breath in and out. “Ok” he left sadly doubting if he would be back again”

THE END.

Photo credit: iamthatgirl.com

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, really all guys need to define love to all their babes to be

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story, theres a big difference btwn infatuation and love 😁

    ReplyDelete