Monday, March 28, 2016

THAT DAY.



I see the celebration
The fanfare
The pomp and pageantry
The lifeless life
The cranky smile
The stiff dance
The hidden sorrow
That makes
All the food taste like sand


                                                                             Why
Oh why
Is this happening
Why
Oh why
Should this be happening
Why are we gaily dressed
Yet with stripes underneath
So why the ‘bless you’
When you really want to curse me
After collecting what I have
And in some cases
All I have

Aren’t you tired
Tired of all the pretense
The poor acting
When you say it is well
Yet what you mean is
I’m dying
And he who knows
Turns the other way

Read: BAD FRIDAY.

When will the openness come
When will the pod crack
When will the shell be taken off
And what we say
Is in sync with what we think
And feel
And no longer coat the sleep bags
With concealers

Oh how I long for that day
When we can call one another
To sit together
Freely
So free
To talk about anything
That’s cooking up within
How I long for this day.


photo credit:wildsalmonkitchen.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment